The Windows Optimized Desktop solution, built on Windows 7, helps IT organizations create an environment that is more manageable, secure and productive; helping you reduce costs, manage risks and provide services to enhance workforce effectiveness.
Microsoft Office 2010
Office 2010 is the best productivity experience across the PC, Phone, and browser. Office 2010 empowers you to bring your ideas to life in new rich ways. Whether you are trying to share your work with others, collaborate simultaneously on a document, or manage your expenses, Office 2010 gives you the flexibility to work where and when you want.
Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP)
The Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP) is a dynamic desktop solution that enhances application deployment and compatibility, increases IT responsiveness and end user uptime, and helps reduce total cost of ownership (TCO) of your desktop software and IT management. MDOP employs six innovative technologies to increase desktop manageability and improve overall infrastructure satisfaction:
- Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) turns applications into centrally managed services that are never installed, never conflict, and are streamed on demand to end users.
- Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (MED-V) provides deployment and management of virtual PC images to enable key enterprise scenarios, primarily resolving application compatibility with a new version of Windows.
- Microsoft Advanced Group Policy Management (AGPM) enhances governance and control over Group Policy through robust change management, versioning, and role-based administration.
- Microsoft Asset Inventory Service (AIS) is a hosted service that collects software inventory data and translates it into actionable business intelligence.
- Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset (DaRT) reduces downtime by accelerating troubleshooting, repair, and data recovery of unbootable Windows-based desktops.
- Microsoft System Center Desktop Error Monitoring (DEM) provides insights into application and operating system failures, allowing helpdesk to be more proactive in managing PC problems, without installing an agent to the endpoint
The Springboard Series On TechNet
The Springboard Series is the primary engagement platform for Desktop IT Pros. Designed to provide the right resources, at the right technical level, at the right time in the Windows adoption process, this platform combines technical content, guidance, tools and community activation to land IT value and remove adoption blockers.
Microsoft Learning builds innovative learning products that enable you to make the most of your investment in Microsoft technology. We offer a diverse range of products—including classroom training, e-learning, certification, Microsoft Press books, skills assessments, and more—to serve the needs of customers and partners worldwide. Through cutting-edge technology and world-class training, we provide the tools to help you fulfill your potential.
Genuine Windows software
Genuine Microsoft software is published by Microsoft, properly licensed, and fully supported by Microsoft or a trusted partner. Using, deploying and supporting only genuine Microsoft software offers you greater capabilities and easy integration with the widest variety of hardware, software, and services.